Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sonnets from Grade 5

Our 11 year old poets were given a hard task - "write a poem about your life as a 60+ year old senior citizen". Here are some creative examples.


When I grow old, I shall try to catch bees,
And try to be as naughty as I can be
I should climb up trees and stay there to stay away from the troubles
But I should also spend my day popping bubbles,

I should ring a stranger's door bell
And spend my day filling my hair with a lot of gel
I need to save time to roll on the mud
I don't have enough money to buy any cotton bud

I shall stick out my tongue at people I don't know
Yet, I have no idea where I should go
I shall spend time running and skating
Or maybe I should go swimming

I should do these things before I get old
So that I will be doing them before I am told!

Ainie - 5B


All those days in the park,
Smelling the scent of flowers,
But now stuck at home,
Mostly all alone

Eating cheese and apples from trees,
Now at home, paying bills and fees,
Running and climbing, biking and hiking...
I'm so bored sitting on a chair by the window

Making fire with magnifying glass,
How fast does the time pass?
Walking with a stick,
When I was small, a snail I would pick.

Sitting by the window now,
Wondering whatever I can do.

Lumaak -5A



When I am old,
I will probably be bald,
Have walking sticks
And finish my food with lots of licks.

I am going to have trouble reading books
And not care at all about my looks,
Get annoyed by any loud sound,
And probably be really round.

I shall play chess,
My house will be a mess
I will eat less
But I wouldn't play the bass.

But for now
I will just give a bow.

Azman - 5B

Oh my body hurts
The way my back aches
This face of mine wrinkles
While my foot cracks

My hands crumble
My eyes water
In the jumble
Of the cake litter

My arms itch
And my mouth screws up
I feel weak when I smell
I feel cranny

I hate this life
I want the kid life back

Zayan - 5B

No comments:

Post a Comment